Roam between Canmore and Banff: Regional Public Transit Service
The Regional Service between Banff and Canmore provides a quick, convenient, and environmentally conscious way to travel. Leave your vehicle where it is, don’t worry about trying to find parking or National Park Gate line ups. Enjoy your ride!
- Trips from Banff to Canmore leave on the hour (eg. 09:00, 10:00, 11:00, etc).
- Trips from Canmore to Banff leave 24 minutes past the hour (eg. 09:24, 10:24, 11:24, etc.).
- Trip travel time is approximately 24 minutes.
*Be sure to check the schedule to see when service starts/ends for weekday and weekend service.
Did you know:
- Buses are environmentally friendly.
- They provide a smoother, more comfortable ride.
- They can accommodate up to 72 passengers (32 seated and 40 standing) and are equipped with bike racks.
Although the video below was not produced for Roam transit, it does outline how to properly and safely load and unload a bike on a Roam transit bike rack.
- Strollers, skis and snowboards can ride the Roam as well.
- Buses are also wheelchair friendly, with a fold-out ramp and low floor to assist getting on and off.
- Service dogs are allowed on board at no charge.
- Passenger pets are allowed on board at no charge, but all pets must be accompanied by their owner and ‘crated’ in a carrying device designed and intended for the carrying of animals. The pet must remain inside the carrying device at all times.
There are 8 Regional Transit stops located throughout Canmore, 4 of which have digital LED signs telling riders when the next bus will be arriving. Refer to our schedules and route brochure to see where these stops are located. All buses are equipped with the same electronic fare collection system (smart cards) as the Roam local service in Banff.
Regional Fare Product Sales Locations:
- Canmore Town Hall
- Shoppers Drug Mart Canmore at 933 Railway Avenue
- Rusticana Grocery at 801 8 Street (open 6 am to midnight)
- Bow Valley Regional Transit Services Commission Customer Service Centre – 221 Beaver Street
- Banff Town Hall – 110 Bear Street
- Rundle Gift Shop located at 319 Banff Avenue
- Wild Rose at 127 Banff Avenue
- Explore Rockies Activity Centres:
- Brewster Transportation Centre, 100 Gopher Street
- Banff International hotel, 333 Banff Avenue
For more information, please contact 403 762 0606.