Roaming with Care during COVID-19The health and safety of our passengers and drivers continues to be our top priority at Roam Public Transit as we move safely through the COVID-19 pandemic. We continue to ensure the proper protocols are in place for our commuters as well as passengers taking Roam to get where they need to go.
Please note the following will be in effect while taking Roam:
The Bow Valley Regional Transit Services Commission has made the decision to make masks mandatory while taking Roam Public Transit buses. The Commission took the proactive step to become the first transit agency in Alberta to mandate masks on July 13, 2020. This policy increases safety and helps prevent and limit the spread of COVID in the Bow Valley. Please ensure you wear your mask while boarding, riding, and exiting the bus. They must be worn for the duration of your bus trip.
Packages of disposable masks are available on every bus if you forget yours at home.
Even with masks, passengers are strongly encouraged to maintain a two-metre distance in all areas possible, such as waiting for the bus and allowing other riders to exit prior to boarding.
- Children under the age of two
- People with an underlying medical condition which inhibits the ability to wear a mask
- People who are unable to place or remove a mask without assistance.
Roam RemindersExact Change Required – Change Voucher System Eliminated
To minimize interaction, Roam will no longer be issuing change vouchers to customers who do not provide exact change. This is to lessen the interaction between drivers and customers. Please use cashless options for fares if possible: Token Transit, smart card, and our ticket vending machines.
Customer Service Centre
The Roam Customer Service Centre (221 Beaver Street) is open on the following days and hours:
Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Physical distancing measures as well as a plexi-glass divider will be in place. Please follow the tape on the floor and stand behind the line. A maximum of two customers will be allowed in the Customer Service Centre at one time. Contactless payment is preferred, but we will accept cash.
- For lost and found, please call 403-762-0606 first to check whether your item has been turned in before visiting the service centre.
Ongoing MeasuresKeeping You Safe
If you are sick or feeling unwell, please do not take transit. If you do take transit, remember:
- Spread out as much as possible. While there is no longer a two metre regulation in place for public transit, please ensure there is space between you and other passengers.
- Wearing a mask while on the bus is mandatory. Wearing a non-medical mask helps to protect those around you, even if you have no symptoms.
Roam has taken additional cleaning and disinfecting measures to address COVID-19:
- Significantly increased cleaning and sanitizing of high touch surfaces on the buses.
- Application of anti-microbial treatments on buses on a regular basis.
Did You Know?
All In-Service Roam buses are thoroughly disinfected every night, ready for the next day's service. As well, our Roam operators are wiping down all passenger touch points at least four times a day.