Roam Public Transit is looking forward to the 2021 summer season. We are excited to provide visitors and residents the opportunity for a car free and carefree experience in the mountains.
As we prepare to launch our summer schedule on Friday, June 11, we want to share service highlights and remind our valued transit riders to travel safely and to remember the messaging on our buses that says: “Kindness is Cool!”
Roam More Often
The routes below have additional frequency for summer service, June 11 to Sept. 19, 2021:
• Increased service to 20-minute frequency from downtown Banff to the Banff Gondola.
• Increased frequency to 30-minutes from mid-morning, allowing easier access to downtown Banff from Tunnel Mountain campgrounds and the Fairmont Banff Springs area.
• NEW! This summer, you can Roam to the Bow Falls daily starting at 9:45 a.m. until the last departure from the Falls at 8:32 p.m.
• Increased frequency throughout the day to service every 35 minutes.
• Please note there is a maximum capacity for six bikes on each Route 3 bus. This is an extremely popular summer amenity so be prepared to wait for a bus with capacity if you plan on biking one-way on the Legacy Trail.
• Use the free Roam shuttle on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Statutory holidays and avoid trying to find parking downtown. The service runs every 15 minutes throughout the summer.
Roam Throughout Banff National Park
Roam offers several routes to several popular hiking and sightseeing destinations throughout Banff National Park, including:
Walk, Bike, and Roam
Here are a few fun initiatives to help you walk, bike, and Roam this summer:
• Roam ambassadors will be supporting passengers in key transit locations throughout the Bow Valley.
• Free local fare for passengers in Canmore (Route 5).
• Free one way transit into Banff from local campgrounds, including Two Jack and Tunnel Mtn campgrounds.
• In an effort to prioritize transit as a way to get around town for visitors and residents, Roam has safely integrated Banff Local (1, 2, 4) service into the 2021 Banff Avenue Pedestrian Zone.
• All Roam buses are equipped with bike racks to encourage multi-active modes.
• On-It Regional Transit offers service from Calgary to Canmore and Banff on the weekends until Sept. 19. Your On-It ticket allows you to Roam for free on Banff local routes too. To reserve, go to: onitregionaltransit.ca/banff-canmore/
What We’re Doing to Keep You Safe
Safety never stops at Roam, which is why we are committed to ensuring the proper protocols are in place to address COVID-19:
We continue our enhanced cleaning and disinfecting measures, which include:
• Significantly increased cleaning and sanitizing of high touch surfaces on the buses enroute during breaks in service.
• Applying anti-microbial treatments on buses on a regular basis.
• Thoroughly disinfecting the buses every night before being deployed for the next day.
What You Can Do to Keep Others Safe
If you are sick or feeling unwell, it is your responsibility to avoid being in public, including taking transit.
If you are one of our valued transit riders, please remember:
• Spread out as much as possible. Keep six feet from other passengers while you wait, board, and exit the bus.
• Wearing a mask while on the bus is mandatory. Wearing a non-medical mask helps to protect those around you, even if you have no symptoms.
• Please ensure you wear your mask while boarding, riding, and exiting the bus. They must be worn for the duration of your bus trip. Packages of disposable masks are available on every bus if you forget yours at home.