Roam Public Transit will begin its fall/winter service on Monday, Sept. 14. We’ve made schedule changes to routes after analyzing ridership data from the last several months, so here’s what you need to know:
• In Banff, we will continue to operate the existing detour until Banff Avenue reopens to vehicles, which is tentatively set for after Sept. 18
Banff Local (Route 1 and 2)
• 40-minute frequency and service will start at 6:30 a.m. and run until approximately 11 p.m.
• To maintain end of day service despite significantly reduced ridership, adjustments have been made to the later evening departures to combine Route 1 and 2 into a hybrid route (i.e. single bus) and will run the entire length of both routes
• Here is the Route 1 Fall 2020 Schedule
• Here is the Route 2 Fall 2020 Schedule
Canmore-Banff Regional (Route 3) on weekdays
• 60-minute frequency in the morning and 35-minute frequency during afternoon peak times starting at 3:30 p.m. Low current and anticipated ridership levels in the morning have eliminated the requirement for morning peak additional frequency for the near future
• This will continue to be evaluated throughout the fall and winter
• Here is the Route 3 Fall 2020 Schedule
Canmore-Banff Regional (Route 3) on weekends
• 60-minute frequency in the morning and 70-minute frequency in the afternoon starting at 3:30 p.m. to ensure adequate travel time with increased traffic and construction activity
Canmore Local (Route 5)
• No changes from the summer service levels
Lake Louise Express (Route 8X)
• Six trips a day, roughly every two hours, with stops at Lake Louise village and Lake Louise lakeshore
• The first departure from Banff will be at 7:30 a.m. and the last departure from Banff will be at 7 p.m.
• Here is the Route 8X Fall 2020 Schedule
Moraine Lake (Route 10)
• In operation from Sept. 14 to Oct. 12 with service seven days a week and seven trips a day
• Direct route from the Banff High School Transit Hub to Moraine Lake with stops in the Lake Louise village (Mon-Thurs only)
• Here is the Route 10 Fall 2020 Schedule
NEW! Moraine Lake Weekend Shuttle
• An express service between the Lake Louise Park and Ride (6km east of Lake Louise), and Moraine Lake
• Roam will be operating the Park and Ride shuttle service on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and Thanksgiving Monday from Sept. 18 to Oct. 12
• Shuttles every 20 minutes starting at 8 a.m. until the last bus from Moraine Lake at 4:40 p.m.
• Direct service with no stops in Lake Louise and it’s a $10 return fare
• Here is the Moraine Lake Weekend Shuttle 2020 Schedule
For more information, please check each route’s map and schedule, which will be available soon.