Banff Local Changes: Schedule + DetourJune 3, 2020
Canada Day Stat Holiday Service on July 1, 2020June 29, 2020
As the Bow Valley continues to move out of the public health crisis and into the resumption of services, Roam is gearing up for summer transit service, which will begin on Friday, June 26 and end on Sunday, Sept. 13. Safety remains our top priority and we have several initiatives in place as we welcome back all passengers wanting to take Roam in the Bow Valley.
Here’s our summer service updates at a glance:
- Sulphur Mountain (1) and Tunnel Mountain (2) will see additional buses on route and expanded operating hours. Here is the Route 1 schedule and the Route 2 schedule for Summer 2020.
- Canmore-Banff Regional (3) will see expanded operating hours and an additional bus during peak hours. The schedule will be adjusted for the summer months to counter construction delays and increased congestion. Drivers will have more time to complete each loop between Canmore and Banff. The last bus from Banff departs at 10 p.m. and the last bus from downtown Canmore departs at 10:28 p.m. Here is the Route 3 weekday and weekend schedule for Summer 2020.
- Cave and Basin (4) will operate even though the Cave and Basin National Historic Site is not currently open. This will help with spreading out the passengers on Sulphur Mountain (1) traveling Banff Avenue and also allow hikers to go the Cave and Basin area. Here is the Route 4 schedule for Summer 2020.
- Canmore Local (5) will see expanded operating hours with an additional bus during peak hours. The schedule will also be adjusted to allow more time to complete each run. Here is the Route 5 schedule for Summer 2020.
- Lake Louise Express (8X) will see added schedules, operating from approximately 7:30 a.m. until 8 p.m. with two buses on route. Here is the Route 8X schedule for Summer 2020.
- Lake Minnewanka (6) Banff Centre (7), Lake Louise Scenic (8S) and Johnston Canyon (9) will not be operating based on the impacts of COVID in Banff National Park.
- On-It Regional Transit will be operating from Calgary on a reduced schedule on Friday evenings, Saturdays, Sundays, and holiday Mondays for the summer months, beginning June 26. Tickets are available now.
One-way fares to Lake Louise now $10, passes remain the same price
We’ve conducted an analysis of the Lake Louise Express (8X) fare and it’s going to increase to $10 one-way or $20 round-trip on June 26. Please note, 10-ride passes or monthly passes such as three and six month pass will remain as their same discounted rates. As well, 10 ride passes can be used for multiple riders traveling together. The day pass also remains unchanged at $20 and includes unlimited travel on Banff local buses. This change will only impact one-way or round-trip “walk up” fares.
- Please do not take transit if you are feeling sick or unwell.
- Roam buses will be capped at 60% of seat capacity to help passengers give each other as much space as possible.
- We strongly encourage passengers to wear face coverings or masks when riding the bus to help prevent the spread of germs.
- We have significantly increased cleaning and sanitizing of high touch surfaces on the buses as well as a regular application of anti-microbial treatments on the buses.
- Plexi-glass shields will be in place around the driver.
Please plan ahead with bikes
Bike capacity on the buses will be limited to three bikes on the outside rack only this summer as we are prioritizing moving people and need all available space. Please do not expect to ride the Legacy Trail one-way and Roam back this summer as we anticipate bike rack space to not be regularly available. However, if you choose to bring your bike back on Roam please set your expectations accordingly because you may have to wait for the next bus with bike capacity.