New Year’s Eve Info – BanffDecember 30, 2019
Canmore/Banff Regional Route 3 – Weekdays Every 30 MinutesJanuary 29, 2020
A key to the success of Roam is reliability and we understand that we haven’t been regularly achieving that goal. As a result of hearing from Roam users and the community in general, as well as reviewing 2019 data, changes are happening to Canmore Local (5).
These changes will help to improve schedule adherence, giving residents and visitors a more reliable and enjoyable experience throughout the Canmore transit network. Please check the updated schedule to see stop times for the new Three Sisters stops, no other stop times have been changed.
Kananaskis Way Area
- Route 5 will now remain on Bow Valley Trail, not turning into Kananaskis Way. Kananaskis Way residents will temporarily be served by a stop near the northwest end of Kananaskis Way, just West of the traffic circle. Once winter road conditions are over and spring construction can take place, the permanent new stop will be at the southeast end of Kananaskis Way on Bow Valley Trail.
- The existing Kananaskis Way North and Kananaskis Way South stops will be closed, the last day of service to these stops will be Sunday, Jan. 26
- The new stop, named Kananaskis Way, will be located on Bow Valley Trail at the intersection by the southeast end of Kananaskis Way.
Three Sisters Parkway Area
- Route 5 will now remain on Three Sisters Parkway on the outbound trip from downtown and will not turn up Fitzgerald Rise and will not travel down Dyrgas Gate
- Passengers returning to the Three Sisters area can now get off at either of the new stops on Three Sisters Parkway at Fitzgerald Rise or Three Sisters Parkway at Dyrgas Gate. Passengers also have the option to stay on the bus until it turns around at the Stewart Creek traffic circle and then get off at either of the existing Three Sisters Market Bistro or Fitzgerald Rise stops.
- The existing Miskow Close and Dyrgas/Colliers stops will be closed, the last day of service to these stops will be Sunday, Jan. 26
- New stops will be located on Three Sisters Parkway, one where it intersects Fitzgerald Rise named Three Sisters@Fitzgerald and one where it intersects Dyrgas named Three Sisters Parkway@Dyrgas Gate.